This whitepaper draws on the extensive experience of Thomson Reuters in courts digitisation projects in the US and the UK, and wider lessons from the industry, to set out a variety of lessons learned and their applicability to future court digitisation initiatives.
In this whitepaper, we discuss the likely impact of various factors including:
- The respective timetables for process modernisation and digitisation
- The phasing of roll-out in various parts of the criminal justice system
- The merits of build versus buy approaches
- Stakeholder engagement and change management
- Governance and cost control.