This Practical Law Australia Company Law practice note examines the legal requirements and process for transferring shares from one person to another (including drafting and executing a valid share transfer form, registering the transfer and updating the company’s share register). It also considers common transfer restrictions and how to deal with them.
Table of contents
- When are shares transferable?
- Restrictions on transferring shares
- Steps for transferring shares
- When does the transfer take effect?
- Is a share purchase agreement required to transfer shares?
- Share transfer forms
- Share certificates
- Stamp duty
- Approval and registration of transfers
- Tax implications on share transfers
To download your copy, simply complete the form below.