Legal research is an essential but time-consuming skill that is required of all legal professionals. Finding that all important leading case or authority on a specific legal issue can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. In a survey run by Thomson Reuters in 2013, approximately 78 per cent of respondents said that the time they took to conduct legal research was quicker thanks to legal research technology.
Investing in an up-to-date, efficient and streamlined legal research solution could save your firm significant time and money. In this guide, we explore the fundamental selection criteria to consider and discuss the importance of finding the right research solutions for you and your firm.
- Factors to consider when choosing a legal research platform
- Types of legal research and information
- Important questions to ask
- Platform features and selection criteria
- The advantages of having an online case law research tool
- The benefits of having an online legal encyclopaedia